Fair Oaks Jr. NFL Flag Football League
The Jr. NFL Flag Football Program is the premier flag football league for boys and girls ages 5-14 years old. The program teaches youth the fundamentals of football, good sportsmanship, and teamwork through practices and games. The goal of the program is to educate its participants in the game of football as well as to learn skills and lessons that help them succeed both on and off the field.
Location – Fair Oaks Park
Registration Deadline – 8/27
Cost – $90 prior to 8/1, $95 (8/2-8/27), $105 after 8/27 (if spots remain)
2017 League Dates
Mini Camp – 8/12
Mini Camp/Evaluation – 8/19
Scrimmages – 9/9
Opening Day Games – 9/23
• Each participant will receive a jersey of an NFL team
• Footballs are provided by the league
• Practices are held two times a week (days and times are determined by Coach)
• All games are held on Saturday mornings starting at 9:00 AM
• All participants receive a free one year USA Football membership
Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District is accepting applications for dedicated Volunteer Coaches and referee’s to assist with our Jr. NFL Flag Football Program.
As a coach, you will be responsible for teaching kids not only the game of football but also sportsmanship, teamwork, equality and the fun of playing organized sports! Players are divided into teams based on age and skill level. We are looking for coaches for the following age levels: 5-7 years, 8-10 years, and 11-14 years.
As a referee you will be responsible for ensuring the rules of the game are followed and the game play is fair for all of those involved. You must be able to understand the rule book and be able to make snap judgements and be confident in your calls. You will be tested at times by the players and coaches and you should be able to explain your call and stand behind your rulings. You need to work well with the other referees and be able to relate well with the players.
Training will be provided for these volunteer positions and no previous coaching experience is required. However, basic knowledge of football is required.
• Coaches and referees must be able to:
• Endure light to moderate physical activity, exposure to heat and inclement weather.
• Lift or carry 10 lbs.
• Hearing and speech adequate to communicate in person and over the phone.
• Vision adequate to monitor children and read fine print.
• Be able to comprehend the rules of football and understand the complexity of the game.
All coaches and referees will be required to pass a live scan fingerprinting and background check.
Volunteers must be willing to commit to coaching the full season. League dates are August 19, 2016 – November 18, 2017.
Coach agreement link.