The Fair Oaks Youth Advisory Board is looking for 25 qualified applicants to fill its board positions for the 2015-2016 term.
FOYAB, organized and supported by the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District, is a youth oriented program designed to foster leadership skills while providing programs and events that benefit the residents in the community. FOYAB serves in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors and is designed to give the youth of Fair Oaks and the Sacramento area input into the District, its related functions and its programs. They are empowered by the District Board and Park District staff to assume responsibility for certain activities throughout the year. The Youth Advisory Board is comprised of the commissioners (FOYAB members), one (1) elected Chair (President), one (1) elected Vice Chair, one (1) elected Secretary, one (1) elected Programming Officer, and one (1) elected Public Relations Officer.
PURPOSE OF FOYAB
To allow youth the opportunity to provide advice, recommendations, special events, programs, and information to the Community of Fair Oaks and surrounding areas.
YOUTH COMMISSIONER DUTIES
The Youth Commissioners will work together to accomplish these tasks:
* Review issues relating to programs and services for children and youth.
* Provide recreational programs and events to bring families within the community together.
* Strengthen community image and sense of place through events & programs.
* Create a forum for discussions with children, youth, and their families.
* Advocate for services and programs for children and youth.
* Make recommendations for programs, policies, and any necessary legislation to promote the health and well-being of children, youth, and their families.
* Work with both the public and private sector to bring forth the concerns of children and youth, as well as, evaluate programming that will enhance the development of children and youth.
Download the application HERE (PDF). Completed applications are due by August 28th. Incomplete applications will not be considered. After application has been received you will be contacted to set up an interview on either September 1st or September 2nd, 2015.
FOYAB INFORMATIONAL MEETING AND SOCIAL
Still have questions? Not sure if FOYAB is for you? Join us August 18th from 6:30pm-7:30pm for a short informational meeting and social.