Position and Application Process
Counselors in Training (CIT) have a very important role in helping run our Camp Fair Oaks program. Campers will look up to you for support and guidance, which will teach you leadership skills as you act as a role model for our campers. CIT’s are not solely responsible for supervising the campers. You will be responsible for assisting with crafts, activities, maintaining as safe environment for the campers, and providing general support to our Camp Counselors. CIT’s are supervised by the Camp Fair Oaks Counselors, Lead Counselors and the Camp Director. If this is your first summer as a CIT, we recommend you sign up for a minimum of two (2) weeks during the summer.
* Gain experience for future employment and/or school references.
* Experience a behind-the-scenes look at being a Camp Counselor.
* Get exposure to leadership development topics such as goal setting, communication, and decision-making.
* Attend all phases of training.
* Meet new ideas with an open mind, accept constructive feedback, and make positive changes.
* Show willingness to have a positive attitude at all times and adapt to change.
* Accept and follow all Camp Fair Oaks policies and Camp regulations.
* Be respectful and responsible for all Camp Fair Oaks property and equipment.
* Assist in the creation and maintenance of a physically and emotionally safe environment for all participants.
* Follow the set schedule for service, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm.
* Participate fully in weekly meetings for the CIT Leadership Program.
* Assist with preparation, execution and clean-up of camp activities as assigned such as crafts, games, and camp potluck.
You must enjoy working with children and adults, be flexible to changes, energetic, and have a desire to share in the campers excitement.
Experience and Qualifications
* Individuals between the ages of 13-16 who are energetic, motivated, and excited to work with young children.
* Available for two (2) consecutive weeks during the summer in order to receive the best CIT experience.
You are exposed to all kinds of weather, as a majority of the activities are outside. You should have the ability to move or lift items needed for camp. You will be walking distances as you engage in activities around and outside of the Camp Fair Oaks facilities.
You will be scheduled to work Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm. You will have the option to work Monday-Friday, 7:30am-5:30pm to aide counselors during Extended Care.
$80 per week
* Deadline for Applications is March 31st, 2017 (email Camp Director if deadline has passed).
* Positions are limited to five (5) CITs per week and are not guaranteed until confirmed by the Camp Director and payment is received in Full.
* Submit the 2017 Counselor in Training (CIT) Leadership Program Application to the Camp Director for Camp Fair Oaks, via email or by mail/in person at the Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District office, 4150 Temescal Street, Fair Oaks, Ca 95628.
* After we have received your application, we will contact you to schedule and in-person mock interview.
*Upon acceptance you will be invited to attend a fun group activity with other Counselors In Training. This session helps us get to know you.
Camp Director at (916) 966-1036 or email@example.com
*Program fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.