September 20th, 2014 10:00 am – 6:00pm
Did you know?
- - There are four places in the United States with the word “chicken” in their name: Chicken, Alaska; Chicken Bristle in Illinois and Kentucky; and Chicken Town, Pennsylvania.
- - September is National Chicken Month. Good time for a chicken festival.
- - There are more chickens than people in the World.
- - There are approximately 450 million chickens in the United States. Close to 300 of them live in Fair Oaks.
- - If you suffer from Alektorophobia, you have a fear of chickens.
- - The chicken has been known to travel up to nine miles per hour.
- - Turkens are not a hybrid of turkeys and chickens. They are a breed unto themselves believed to have been developed in Hungary and perfected in Germany.
- - According to a local ordinance, in Gainesville, Georgia it is illegal to eat chicken with a fork.
- - The closest living relative of the Tyrannosaurus Rex is the chicken.
- - A chicken can have four or five toes on each foot.
- - There are over 150 varieties of domestic chickens.
- - A rooster takes 18-20 breaths a minute, a hen 30-35.
- - There are nine different comb styles for chickens: single, rose, spiked rose, cushion, pea, walnut, strawberry, buttercup and V.
- - Different chicken breeds vary in temperament. They can be docile, flighty or aggressive. Chickens also have personalities and, like people, some are friendly and some are just plain onry.
- - In 1863 Charles Darwin published an inventory of the chicken breeds existing at that time….all 13 of them.
- - Providing that pressure is applied at the ends and not the middle of a chicken egg, a well-formed egg shell can support up to nine pounds of pressure before breaking.
Fun Chicken Websites
Ever wonder what the well-dressed chicken’s wearing this season?
Check out www.chickenssuit.com
You might want to read this review before you rent the next chicken film.
Now that you have your chicken, it will need a home.