You must enjoy working with children and adults, be flexible to changes, energetic, and have a desire to share in the campers excitement.
Experience & Qualifications
- Individuals between the ages of 13-16 who are energetic, motivated, and excited to work with young children.
- Available for two consecutive weeks during the summer in order to receive the best CIT experience.
You are exposed to all kinds of weather, as a majority of the activities are outside. You should have the ability to move or lift items needed for camp. You will be walking distances as you engage in activities around and outside of the Camp Fair Oaks facilities.
You will be scheduled to work Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You will have the option to work Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to aide counselors during Extended Care.
$80 per week
$5 ePACT Emergency Network Fee (1 time per year)
Note: Program fees, operating schedules, and hours are subject to change without notice.
To apply for the Counselor in Training Program 2018 click here.
Deadline for Applications is March 30th, 2018
Positions are limited to five CITs per week and are not guaranteed until confirmed by the Camp Director and payment is received in Full.
- Submit the 2018 Counselor in Training (CIT) Leadership Program Application to the Camp Director for Camp Fair Oaks, via email or by mail or in person at:
Fair Oaks Recreation and Park District Office
4150 Temescal Street
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
- After we have received your application, we will contact you to schedule and in-person mock group interview.
- Upon acceptance you will be invited to attend a fun group activity with other Counselors In Training. This session helps us get to know you.
If you have any questions, contact the Camp Director.